WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of staff, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Work Health and Safety regulations and applicable Codes of Practice.
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- A safe working environment.
- Safe systems of work.
- Facilities for the welfare of staff.
- Information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure safety.
- A commitment to consult and co-operate with staff in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each worker has an obligation to:
- Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage equipment.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others .
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary.
- Comply with any direction given by management for health and safety.
- Not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety.
- Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all employees, customers and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate.
Silverstone Logistics Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. We recognize that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. “As a consequence of this, the management are committed to Continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.”
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environment tally responsible manner,
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work, reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-enewable,
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers,
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our Sustainable Development and Environmental policies,
- Through effective partnerships, we shall continue our initiatives on water efficiency, safe recreational use of water, education and environmental improvement within the community,
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organizations and activities in our region,
- We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development,
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with clients,
- We will foster a harmonious relationship with the community, the government and clients to contribute high-quality services and create with the public a safe and environmentally friendly country,
- Our Services will be undertaken with integrity, in an ethical and honest manner,
- We will work systematically to promote internationally acknowledged human rights. All the activities are to comply with the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There is to be no abuse of human rights in the company,
- We will work systematically to fight all forms of corruption. There is to be no corruption in the company,
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices,
- Naturally, health and safety are to be given priority and all employees are to have equal opportunities, regardless of gender, age, and cultural background,
- All employees will be treated with respect and dignity, free from harassment, abuse, coercion, and punishment or the threat of such treatment,
- We place the highest value on our business relationships and are committed to treating business partners, clients, suppliers, and employees with dignity and respect in all interactions. We are determined to conduct all business with uncompromising integrity,
- We will set objectives and targets to achieve the strategy set out in this CSR policy,
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes, communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities,
- Support public environmental programs and activities.